As-salāmu ʿalaykum wa-raḥmatu llāhi wa-barakātuhu,
The province has mandated a lockdown effective December 26, 2020. We are permitted to have only 10 people indoors for "weddings, funerals and other religious services, rites or ceremonies where physical distancing can be maintained" (source: https://files.ontario.ca/moh-provincewide-shutdown-en-2020-12-21.pdf).
Compliance with provincial guidelines and the safety of our congregants is of the utmost importance. LMM will be proceeding with prayers as follows:
1) The Mosque will be completely shut down on December 26th and December 27th. There will be no prayers in the Mosque on these two days.
2) Starting Monday December 28th, we will be offering daily Fajr and Isha prayers for 1 Imam, 2 LMM security staff and 7 randomly selected congregants (a total of 10 people). Seven different people will be selected for each prayer and they will be notified with which prayer they can come to by e-mail. This process will be evaluated on a week-to-week basis to ensure compliance and cooperation.
3) To register for the draw for Fajr and Isha for the week of December 28th - January 3rd, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/nypMiNceiZ5uhLNt7
4) This form will close on December 26 at 10 PM.
5) Please note that the rules for attending prayer will remain unchanged. To read these rules, please visit: http://www.londonmosque.ca/news/443-prayer-rules.html
6) Friday prayers will also be limited to 10 people. Details about the Friday prayers will be released later in the week.
We would like to continue to offer this شعيرة (ritual) at the Mosque safely and in compliance with the rules. We ask for your cooperation in this matter.