London Islamic School, a community school located in the center of London Ontario, seeks an Elementary Mathematics and Science Teacher to join our innovative staff.
This is a full time position, to begin in January 2014. The successful candidate will teach Ontario Curriculum for grade 5 and 6, in mathematics and science.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development
- Develop grade-level activities, and alternative assessment
- Communicate effectively with students, staff, and colleagues
- Remain highly organized and meets deadlines
- Use a variety of resources to create lessons that support academic rigor and student engagement
A Bachelor of Science degree (preferably in Math, Science, or Chemistry). A bachelor in education with major in Math/Science for primary or intermediate junior would be given priority. A Masters in Mathematics or a Masters in Education with Bachelor in Mathematics would be a great plus. Preference will be given to candidates with classroom teaching experience that incorporates best practices in the classroom, that have completed at least eighteen graduate hours in mathematics.
Salary is depending upon relevant education, training and experience.
- One-year initial contract
- Medical/Dental benefits
- Out-of-Province moving allowance up to $1,000
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants must submit:
- A cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts/credentials
- 3 professional reference letters
- a Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Placement letter if any
- OCT certification copy if any
LIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A police check is required in order to assume the position.
Email your application package to
or mail to:
Postal Address: London Islamic School
151 Oxford West, London, N6H1S3
School Website: www.londonislamicschool.com
Phone: 519-6799920 Fax: 519-679-6842